If you’re reading this blog, chances are you’ve got opinions and points of view on some of the major policy issues confronting Oklahoma. What impact is the economic downturn and fiscal crisis having on the organizations you’re involved in and the people you care about? What should we be doing to operate government more effectively and fund services more fairly? What program is working that not enough people are hearing about?
This blog aims to be a forum where Oklahomans can share their perspectives, and we encourage you to contribute to the conversation by submitting a guest blog post. Think of it as an op-ed with links. We will help publicize pieces we post to our audiences and encourage you to send out the link to your friends, colleagues and networks.
Here are our blog guidelines:
– We will post entries that make an argument on public policy issues of importance to Oklahomans, whether we agree or disagree with the author’s point of view. However, we reserve the right not to post any blog entry submitted to us.
– Contributions addressing OK Policy’s core policy areas of state budget and taxes, poverty and wealth creation, health care and social services, criminal justice or the economy will receive strongest consideration.
– Blog entries should be between 500 and 800 words. ENTRIES THAT EXCEED THE WORD LIMIT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
– Entries should in most cases be original contributions and not pieces that have been published elsewhere.
– Please provide links for articles or studies referred to in your piece.
– Blog entries should avoid personal attacks and undue partisanship.
– We may edit your submission lightly for clarity and grammar. In all cases, we will have you review and approve a final draft of the piece before posting.
– We will run a short disclaimer accompanying guest posts stating that the post reflects the opinions of the author and not of OK Policy.
– Please include a title for your post and brief (20 words maximum) biographical or background information that can appear in the introduction to the post.
– Send your submission in an e-mail or Word document to email@example.com
You can see previous examples of guest blog posts here.
I hope to hear from you!