Time for Care: Celebrating Medicaid Expansion
Join us June 30 for Time for Care: Celebrating Medicaid Expansion #CountdownToCare
HOW TO WATCH EVENT
The event will be live streamed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages via OK Policy and Together Oklahoma. You can find the channels here:
- OK Policy YouTube channel
- OK Policy Facebook page
- OK Policy Twitter page
- Together OK YouTube channel
- Together OK Facebook page
- Together OK Twitter page
Take Action Today!
Learn how you or your organization can help connect Oklahomans to health care. This event was held on Tuesday, May 25 at 6:30 pm. Watch the event recording below.
- Steve Goldman, Enrollment Navigator, Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
- Cassidy Heit, Director of Communications and Strategic Initiatives, Oklahoma Primary Care Association
- Cindy Alexander, Co-leader & Founder, Indivisible Stillwater
- Moderator: Whitney Cipolla, Advocacy Specialist, Mental Health Association Oklahoma
This event is co-hosted by the CoverOK Coalition. We are excited that Oklahoma will expand health coverage in 2021, but we need your support and participation to ensure an effective and accessible expansion. For more information or to join the coalition, visit CoverOK.org/#Coalition.
To learn more about this event, read our press release: May 25 online event will help provide resources to help individuals, organizations connect Oklahomans to health care
Event: American Indian Health Care Spotlight
The American Indian Health Care Spotlight to discussed current health care options and how Medicaid expansion will expand access for tribal citizens. The panel discussion was followed by live Q&A. This event was held on April 29, 2021 at 6:30 pm. Watch the event recording below.
- Yvonne Myers, ACA/Medicaid Consultant, Citizen Potawatomi Nation
- Robyn Sunday-Allen, CEO, Oklahoma City Indian Clinic
- Kasie Nichols, Self Governance Director, Citizen Potawatomi Nation
Read our American Indian Health Care Spotlight event press release to learn more.
Kickoff Event: Medicaid Expansion in Oklahoma
Oklahoma will expand Medicaid coverage by July 1. Join OK Policy as we count down to this important milestone that will connect thousands of Oklahomans with much-needed health care. This event was held on March 24, 2021. Watch the event recording below.
This event featured Oklahomans sharing:
- How Medicaid expansion helps our state
- Why Medicaid coverage will be life-changing
- How to raise awareness in your communities
Countdown to Care: Oklahoma Expands Medicaid
Oklahoma voters’ decision to approve Medicaid expansion is a monumental step forward for health care in our state.
As Oklahoma approaches the July 1 deadline for implementing Medicaid expansion, it will be a cause for celebration for hundreds of thousands of our friends, neighbors, and families who previously have been unable to see a doctor or fill a prescription without risking their financial security.
In the months leading up to July 1, OK Policy will be hosting a “Countdown to Care” to raise awareness about the value of Medicaid expansion, as well as the need to ensure that implementation is done to provide maximum impact for the state and those Oklahomans who urgently need health care.