To help Oklahomans better understand Oklahoma’s state budget picture — and what we might expect from this year’s legislative budget negotiations — OK Policy is hosting a 2023 State Budget Update online.
2023 State Budget Update
Friday, March 31, 2023 | 11 a.m.
Join us live online at 11 a.m., Friday, March 31, 2023, as OK Policy’s Fiscal Policy and Health Care Analyst Emma Morris shares a state budget overview as lawmakers approach this legislative session’s halfway point. A Q&A will follow the presentation.
Topics will include:
- Importance of state revenue to Oklahoma’s fiscal health
- Current snapshot of Oklahoma’s state budget picture
- Overview of proposed legislative actions
- How lawmakers can make fiscally responsible choices
- Tools and resources for residents
The 2023 State Budget Update is free and open to the public. Donations are welcome.
OK Policy seeks to help Oklahomans become better informed about how lawmakers shape the annual state budget. We also encourage meaningful engagement between policymakers, civic and community leaders, advocates, educators, and citizens as part of this vital government process.
Additional resources about Oklahoma’s budget and tax system
- A Better Path Forward: A Budget and Tax Roadmap for Oklahoma
- A Better Path Forward: A Conversation (Video)
- Tax proposals this session fail to deliver inflation relief, jeopardize state’s long-term fiscal health
- The needs of everyday Oklahomans outweigh tax cuts that benefit the wealthy
- Oklahomans need common-sense tax reform
- Oklahoma among least transparent states for state budget process, new OK Policy report shows