February 21st, 2017
Here are key resources to stay informed and tax action during the legislative session:
- Our advocacy alerts page shares updates where there’s a need to take action on key bills.
- OK Policy’s Bill Tracker lets you follow several dozen bills that we’ve identified as key priorities to support, oppose, or keep a close eye on, with links to the bill’s authors and related information. To look up any bill, you can use the Legislature’s Bill Search. You can get alerts on bills through the Legislative Electronic Notification System (LENS).
- You can learn more about our 2017 Policy Priorities here.
- Use our Find Your Legislators tool to look up who your legislators are and how to contact them.
- You can find contact information for all House and Senate members, organized by committee here.
- You can also get a directory of all Senators here and all House members here.
- OK Policy’s 2017 Legislative Primer gives you all the key information on who’s who at the Capitol and the various steps of the legislative process, as well as some budget basics.
- Our What’s That? glossary provides definitions of common legislative terms.
- The Online Budget Guide has an in-depth explanation of the state budget, including how revenues are raised and spent and how budget decisions are made.
- Subscribe to the daily In The Know news digest to keep track of what’s going on at the Capitol and around the state.
Ready to do more? Join Together Oklahoma
If you are looking for ways to be more involved as an advocate for a better budget, start by connecting with Together Oklahoma (TOK), our statewide grassroots advocacy coalition. The TOK website also offer a number of advocacy tipsheets on such subjects as writing to your legislators and setting up face-to-face meetings. Complete the membership form to let us know how you’d like to be involved, and you’ll be connected with other advocates in your community, informational resources, and training on how best to make a difference.