Appropriations by Agency

Appropriations by Agency

Nine out of ten state appropriated dollars are spent by the ten largest agencies. While the state has nearly 70 agencies that receive appropriated funds, the overwhelming share of appropriated dollars go to only a few of the largest agencies that provide for education, health, human service, public safety and transportation. The ten largest agencies receive 90.6 percent of all appropriations in FY 2017, while the other 57 appropriated agencies receive 9.4 percent. The two largest agencies, Common Education (State Department of Education) and the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (Medicaid), receive over half the appropriations. Higher Education is the only other agency to receive over ten percent of appropriations; its share has decreased over the last five years.

appropriations-by-agency-fy-2017

For more information, see OK Policy’s FY 2017 Budget Highlights

‹‹ Go back to Insurance Trusts | Go on to Appropriations History ››

Budget Guide Contents

open all | close all